29 July 2012

Event


Sixteen,
With her license
She is off!

Exploring sights,
Soaring to new heights
Never tired from this newfound freedom
She rides like the wind!

Until one day when she rides no more
An accident almost claiming her life
Unfolds before her in a hospital bed
Where she is motionless.

"What are you going to tell your Mom" asks the nurse
"I'm not"
With her quick response to this ever fast event, she waits
Until the Day of Judgement
--------

For the Scriptic  prompt exchange this week, Jester Queen at http://jesterqueen.com gave me: "What are you going to tell your Mom?"/ "I'm not." 

I had given kgwaite at http://writinginthemarginsburstingattheseams.blogspot.com/ this prompt: Cradle of Civilization

4 comments:

  1. I was right there, cruising back roads after school in my old Subaru, until the crash, until the silent denial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Cameron, we are those rebels and know that we are invincible until we are actually banged up and realize that we are not that invincible!

      Delete
  2. "I'm not."
    Yes, that's exactly the kind of thing I had in mind. Mom is GOING to find out, but the kid is not going to deal with it. In this case, she probably doesn't realize her Mom is going to be grateful she's alive and save the remonstrances for later! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jessie! We just don't want to get that initial scolding from Mom, even though she would be ultimately happy that we are okay!

      Delete